Investing without the knowledge of Time Value of Money is like doing business without knowing the value of customers.
Today most of the investors (including those dealing with Fixed Deposits, Gold, Real Estate, Stock Market, Business, etc.) don’t have knowledge about Time Value of Money, which is a must for an investor to know.
This course gives you a solid understanding of Time Value of Money, which forms the base of Corporate Finance, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Financial Management etc.
Who can take this course?
- Job aspirants, govt servants, businessmen who want to save/invest their money
- 1st year MBA/PGDM students for their academics
- 2nd year MBA/PGDM students who want to sharpen their basics for placements
- Non-finance managers who want to gain knowledge on Finance basics
- Commerce/Finance undergraduates for their academics
- Professionals aiming to go into the Finance field
- Engineers who want to start their career in Finance
- Mathematics/Statistics graduates who want to see their core subject applications in Finance
- People who want to gain knowledge on retirement planning
- Housewives who want to better manage their money resource
- Others who have interest in Mathematics/ Finance /Entrepreneurship
- Knowledge on Elementary Math and Elementary English
*If you have outstanding Mathematical skills, you are advised to take the upcoming courses on advanced topics like Fixed Income Research, Derivatives Trading etc by the instructor because these are available either free of cost or at negligible prices.
- 2 Live classes
- 01 High-level test with feedback and solution
- 01 Case study based assignment with solution
- Unlimited access to recordings
- Unlimited doubt-clearing sessions (Live class) based on students’ requirement
What makes this course unique?
- In-depth research oriented approach in layman terms
- Helps 1st year MBA/PGDM students to stand apart from their peers as it is closely related to their academics (Corporate Finance)
What is Time Value of Money (TVM)?
Why should I learn it to invest?
What we know and don’t know about TVM?
Banking operations and their essentials
Technical terms and underlying Math in TVM
–Types of Compounding
–Reverse Compound Interest
–Risk and Return
Important points to remember
Introduction to Probability, Economic Utility and Risk/Return
Real Life Applications with interesting practical case
If possible, skim through the chapter 2 of ‘Principles of Corporate Finance’ by Brealey Myers or Google search ‘Present Value Calculation’. This will make your class more interactive and help clear your doubts immediately.
- You will be proficient in Present Value, Future Value, Types of Compounding, Annuity, Perpetuity, Application of statistics, Calculation of Economic Utility, Risk/Return essentials etc
- You will be able to crack your MBA Placement/Internship as most of the questions will come from these topics
Language of instruction: English